Help with Grief in Fareham, Southampton, Portsmouth, Winchester Hampshire and Twickenham Greater London.
Losing someone or something that we love can be very sad and frightening. It can a rollercoaster of confusing and overwhelming emotions. We all experience grief differently. For some, time is all you need to be able to move forward with your life, for others grief can be overwhelming and prevent you from getting on with your life. Grief can be a complicated process and if you are experiencing complicated grief then you may need some help in getting you through so that you can function again. You will never forget, but you can move on.
What should I be experiencing?
There is no right or wrong way to experience loss. The experience of the grief may also depend on the nature of the loss and the type of beliefs and upbringing that you have had. However, the following are key emotions that you probably will encounter should you be grieving:
- Shocked and numb- if it was a sudden death or departure then you may find that you are feeling shaken and shocked by the event that caused the loss.
- Anger – you may feel angry that the person has been taken from you or has left.
- Anxiety and helplessness- you may be worrying about how you are going to cope without this person being there. This can also be worry about financial security, if you were dependant on this person for money or shared financial burdens then you may feel anxious about how you are going to cope with paying the bills.
- Sadness – this usually comes later on after the other emotions have passed but sadness itself can be consuming.
- Guilt- you may feel guilty, thinking that you could have done more to help this person if they were ill or spent more time with them. You may blame yourself for their departure or you may have unfinished business that you now feel guilty that you didn’t address when they were around.
- Loneliness- you may feel a sense of loneliness as having lost someone that you were close to. You may feel that you are all on your own with no-one around, this can become overwhelming and lead to sadness.
There may be many more emotions that you are feeling or maybe a mixture of the above. Time can be a great healer when it comes to grief however, looking after yourself generally is very important because experiencing these emotions for a prolonged amount of time or in an extreme way can lead to other issues such as insomnia, loss of appetite, stress of trying to deal with overwhelming emotions and general ill health.
What can hypnosis do for me if I am struggling to cope with grief?
Loss is a painful, inevitable part of our existence. Hypnotherapy can help you to deal with loss in a better way so that it does not stop you from moving forward with your life. There are many ways hypnotherapy can help and our fully trained hypnotherapists are ready to adapt and use methods to specifically help you to manage your grief.
Dealing with painful memories:
If you feel that you are reliving certain memories or painful experiences then hypnotherapy can help you to leave those memories in the past and allow you to move forward. Also, if the loss was sudden and unexpected then this may leave behind a painful memory that needs to be processed. Hypnotherapy can help you to do this.
Dealing with emotions:
If you are overwhelmed by emotions and feel that these are stopping you from moving forward then our trained therapists can help you to address these and let them go or enable you to manage them in a better way. Changing your focus regarding your grief may also be useful. The way that hypnotherapy works is by accessing and updating the ideas, behaviours and emotions in our unconscious mind and so deep rooted changes can be made to allow you to see things in a more helpful, logical way.
There may be things that you wish had been said to the person that you have lost or you may simply wish to get closure. This is a large stepping stone is moving forward. Closure also helps you to re-process the pain and grief and you can then begin to feel better about things so that you can start re-building your life.
So, hypnosis can help you in many ways to deal with the overwhelming grief you may be feeling but not only this, hypnotherapy can help with any secondary issues that may have arisen like insomnia, anxiety, stress and loss of appetite.
If time has passed and you still feel overwhelming grief and want to get some help, then please give us a call.
At Hampshire Hypnotherapy Centre we really do understand and we’re here to help you. The first step is to admit that your grief is causing you problems in your life and then just pick up the phone and call us on 0800 970 4776 or 07946 641270 and have a quick chat with one of our friendly team of professional hypnotherapists. You can then book an appointment to pop in for a free initial consultation and we can explain the therapy to you and you can ask any questions you may have.
We’re open from 9am until 8.30 pm every weekday and on Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm. We can even arrange Sunday appointments if that suits you better. You don’t have to suffer the problems you have with your grief management. Let us help you to gain control of your grief and live your life in a much happier, more relaxed way.
For help with controlling grief call us today. We’re really easy to find in Whiteley, Fareham and not far from Southampton, Bournemouth, Portsmouth and Winchester with easy access from the M27. Alternatively we have our Twickenham practice with easy access from the M3.